Sunday, July 15, 2007

Self-talk

I could start by rambling about myself and my life- it’s fairly easy. Ever notice how we all claim to have boring lives, yet give anyone - and i mean anyone- more than 2 minutes of genuine time, and they will start of on their lives like its the most enthralling novel. Well I'm only human so i shall start my novel now...or rather let me start with the reason for this blog.

We live a not-so-easy-yet-not-so-difficult life. Almost all of us do. And often it’s easy to do the yo-yo... I mean... to feel bad for your state of life and then to self-motivate yourself into counting the good things in your life. That’s where it started; I realized just how much time of our day goes into self-talk. And somehow it saddened me.

Why? Because being a part of the privileged world (literacy, access to computers and knowing what a blog IS, is in itself a privilege!) I should not have to emotionally coerce myself into being positive, it should come automatically. Yet it does not. I always want more.

Is that healthy I don’t know. I like to think it is… because if I don’t want more i will not want to do anything about it. Yet patience is a virtue apparently. And there is a fine line between patience and lack of ambition. Will someone please specify what those lines are?!

So that is where this blog comes in. A million thoughts a day... something is bound to strike a cord strong enough to merit a few written words.

3 comments:

Gauri said...

Congratulations !! On finally deciding to write or blog ..:) ..keep up the writing gurl

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

i like this one the most :-)