Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fun, Family and Cricket

I have never been into cricket. But having been married to a man who loves the game enough to follow almost all matches on a website no matter where he is, I have started to understand the game as well – and today I am so glad that I changed my stance on the game.


I am sitting in Bombay while my husband is in Kuwait and I completely enjoyed watching the match with him for company. I allowed myself to be enthusiastic and cheer and groan – and effectively used technology to communicate the same (messengers like whatsapp are a blessing!). And watching the match today, has unleashed something in me.

After a really long time, here I was, with my family, my nieces, my sister, brother in-law and mom, on a hot hot weekday, sitting at home watching India beat Pakistan. The match was one part, the really pathetic jokes we cracked, the random laughter, the lightness the day has brought to me is indescribably in so many ways.

I laughed. For silly reasons. I smiled, for no reason. And just like that. I found my way back home – finally.

Hum of the day

Sport is powerful. Perhaps the passion, sense of belonging and need to cheer something on is what gives it that power. I want to turn life into sport.

1 comment:

Gauri said...

aha should I say welcome to the cricket mania ;) well I've always felt this is something from which you can run, you can hide but you just cannot escape....and in our country where cricket is a religion..sooner or later its going to get you ;) so absolutely looking forward to you putting on your blue t-shirt with DJ and cheering the blue brigade, once again this Saturday.

Wohooo !!