Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Just by chance?

Its been almost 7 months since i last wrote. And im really surprised that not much seems to have changed. Then again, maybe i am not.

So i was sitting in office thinking of how to look busy while doing nothing (its an art im mastering) and i started writing. This is what i came up with.

Let me begin by introducing myself - I am a twenty six year old, on the surface confident single, sometimes ready to mingle, sometimes wanting to get married girl with an on the surface successful career. Yeah. That gives you a gist of what is to come doesn’t it. Well I just may surprise you, just like I am sure I have surprised people around me and I know that I have been pleasantly surprised myself in the most unlikely places.

So yesterday, I was having an exceptionally bad day. Work has been… well… let’s call it unpleasant to the power quite a bit. At home, in one of my wanting to get married phases, I had voiced my thoughts to my parents. As a result, I think I have only myself to blame for the arranged marriage madness that is surrounding me. In short my previous day ended with a yelling match with my boss and the next one started with one with my mom and ended with one with my sister. All in all, nice day!

In frustration, I ditched “work” early and took off to my safe haven – a bookshop. There I found myself in front of the occult section staring at couple of books by an author I was discussing with a friend just a day earlier. I don’t know why but compulsively I had a need to buy the book – my second of the day and I am yet to thank my friend for recommending it. I picked up “only love is real” by Dr Brian Weiss.

When I started reading I actually broke down. It was like this was just the book I needed to read in the frame of mind I was in. It gave me a strange sense of comfort. In knowing that emotional upheaval no matter how small feels large, that we are all victims of our past as well as prisoners to our hopes of the future and yes , that time does take care of itself. It also got me thinking of coincidences. There is a reason that every time in my life when I have needed it the most, something has been available to give me comfort. Which tells me that indeed some force is guiding my life towards a goal – and it’s nice to know someone knows that goal because I know I do not.

I have come to believe that we always have two choices i.e. to try and rationalize and appease the head or to let go of logic and go with the flow of life. The problem is that a lot of us want both the peace of the flow and the material benefits of the logic. And that is where the coincidences will come into play. At that point when you just don’t know what to do, a small nudge – a clipping you read, a person you talk to, a story you hear – it will guide you towards that aspect you need to trust at that point in life. The key is learning to recognize and listen to those coincidences and being grateful that you can.

Hum of the day: coincidences come in many forms. blogs can be one of them.

No comments: