Monday, August 27, 2012

What next?


Yesterday, on our way to see The Dark Night Rises, we were listening to music in the car. Or, more accurately, my husband was trying to listen to music while all I could do was flick “seek track” to see which song was next. I would zero in on one I liked, and the 30-40 seconds later, I was “seeking” again. Everyone has a “thing” which defines their most quirky quirk – that’s mine: impatience and an inability to see anything through to an end!

My mom also pointed it out to me the other day – so must be some truth. I have started innumerable diets with great enthusiasm and never stuck through any. I usually started studying a new topic with a thirst for knowledge but ended up turning to water to quench it about two pages down the book. Even at work, initially I will love it, and then I will get bored. Oh and “Bored” is my almost permanent status update! So yes, fact proven – I’m impatient, bored and a quitter.

But I no longer want to be. And this time I think it may be possible. This time, I am taking baby steps, I am doing small things and not getting over enthusiastic about anything – apathetic maybe and unhealthy to the naked eye; but, what works for me may not work for another and vice-versa.

I have often looked at others lives and thought that something of what they had looks good. I hope there are others looking at me that way as well. Who says that grass is greener on the other side can only mean that it’s pointless to aspire for something which is not a part of you because it’s a package deal. Perhaps it’s not as good as it seems but it may be better in some ways; it could be possible to tweak the package to take some good that comes with the acceptable bad. And that’s what I am now aiming at. Picking the things I see around me that are greener than my grass, allowing myself to want it and then taking baby steps to get it.

Hum of the Day

In line with my Nike themed life, if you don’t see, you won’t know. If you won’t know, you won’t want. If you want, move to get it. Aim for the stars, move to the target, and don’t give up till you get somewhere. It may not be heaven but look down and you’re away from the dirt. 

1 comment:

Urvashi Masson said...

Awesome and powerful thoughts please please follow what u have written ur life will change